Sunday, February 05, 2006

Thanks

Thank you all for the encouragement this week. I really appreciate it.

Wednesday was difficult, but not as heart-rending as it might have been. Thursday's episode of ER featured a story about a man with very progressed ALS. I thought it would be very difficult to watch. The thing is, my dad had only just gotten to the point in the disease where he would require oxygen. I can't imagine how horrifying it would have been for him to not have been able to communicate with us. Or to not be able to breathe on his own. As much as I want to have the time back, and as much as I hate when people say "He's better off now" (although I fully believe he is, I just don't like hearing it), I feel some relief for him knowing that he did not need to go through that.

So, again. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.