Saturday, February 25, 2006

Day 15: GOLD MEDAL!!!!

Canada has bettered its total medal count for the Winter Olympics by 7 medals!! YAY!!! The Canadian Olympic Committee predicted 25 medals, which we might have had if the men's Hockey Team would have showed up for the games. But let's not talk about that.

Let's talk about Women's Long Track Speed Skating!!! After the 5000 I was a bit concerned that Clara Hughes was going to pull a muscle in her face she was smiling so hard! Today was one of those days in the Olympics that I love. Close races. Cause to jump up and down cheering as the skaters come around on the final lap.

(Note: PUT DOWN KNITTING NEEDLES when watching close races. You will NOT be able to knit, and, you could seriously injure yourself. Seriously.)

Also, Cindy Klassen set a new record for total medals in a single Olympics.

AND (!!) 2 Silvers in Men's Short Track Speed Skating

I'm exhausted from the tension and the jumping up and down and the cheering.

CANADIAN KNITTER WINS GOLD MEDAL IN FAIR ISLE KNITTING


As Brian Williams from CBC would say, this knitter wins this Gold Medal with snow on the seat of her pants (referring to the many figure skaters who fell but still medalled). It's done, but I'm not completely happy with it. Due to the gauge issues, there is some wonkiness in the set in sleeves. You can't really see it in the picture up there (of course. I showed you the sleeve that doesn't have as much wonkiness. You want to see it? Okay.)


One of the sleeve caps is almost, ugh, a puff sleeve. The sweater is currently enjoying a soak in the bath, as I am hoping that I will be able to ease out some of the crappyness issues.

It still counts though, right?

Now, where did I leave my notes on the cabled cardigan...

7 comments:

  1. Gold, baby, that is definitely a gold sweater!!! Gorgeous. You did a fabulous job. I wasn't too worried about you finishing in time, I had faith. :)
    I watched skating and was so on the edge of my seat, too. The Germans were so close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way, did you see those medal standings? USA then Germany then Canada!!! We all belong together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely impressed. The jumper looks lovely. I have been known to use a sewing machine to fine-tune wonky seams and then trim the excess and cover with bias binding. It works and only you will know. Thanks for the blog/picture lesson. I'll get on to it tomorrow, Gillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! How long have you been knitting? Someday I hope to knit a sweater but for now I will focus on training. Too newb at this knitting thing to comprehend the whole garment process. Soon I hope, I do have aspirations, if only I could focus. I'd really like to get a hang on this blog thing too. Yours is very nice...and you're a fellow Calgarian as well...too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm even more excited about tackling Alice now that I've seen yours. Hope the additional blocking helped out the seam. My KO project is going to need more help along those lines, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alice looks great! I'm so nice to see this knit in different colors. Beautiful job and I'm sure a little bath will help the sleeve issue:).

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.