Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Is it foggy in here?

I am taking a break from a busy schedule of coughing and blowing my nose to show you this:

Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool in color... ?? (The ball band reads "Code: 10" which doesn't seem to correspond to anything on their shade card on the site...). I used about 1 1/4 skeins.
Pattern: (as if you need me to tell you.... haha) Knitty's Clapotis designed by Kate Gilbert
Modifications: I knit a narrower width, doing only 4 1/2 repeats of the increase section (the pattern calls for 6 1/2 repeats) and made it longer than the pattern called for (doing 16 repeats of the straight section (pattern calls for 13 repeats).



On Sunday I was contemplating what to knit during the Super Bowl. It needed to be simple enough to be able to knit without really paying attention, but interesting enough that if the game was boring (as Super Bowls sometimes are) at least I would have my knitting to keep me interested. I looked around and saw my partially completed (as opposed to NOT FINISHED) Clapotis. It just looked at me from the floor where it has been patiently waiting. How could I refuse? Look at it! So blue! So variegated but not pooly! (totally a word)

So, having completed (last night) and blocked (well, not "blocked" per se. More like soaked and hung over the shower curtain rod) Clapotis, I decided that the best course of action for today, when I am at home sick and hopped up on "non-drowsy" cold medicine, would be to start a totally new project. (Of COURSE!!)



This is about 3 hours of knitting on a mitten, using the leftover Nature Wool. This accomplishment leads me to ask of myself the following questions:
1. Why are you, Lori, so hesitant to use dpns? If you can knit a ribbed cuff and that much of a mitten in 3 hours while sick and on cold meds, what is to stop you from knitting other projects on them? Huh?
2. Why are you, Lori, knitting a new project which requires a greater degree of mental acuity when you could be working on something that is already in progress, and much much simpler?
Exhibit a:

sleeve to cabled cardigan, in progress
Exhibit b:

cuff of sock, in progress, which required re-winding one ball of yarn inside out in order to find a matching place in the patterning

I have no response to myself and these questions.

Now, if you'll excuse me. I need to find more Kleenex with Lotion. I think there's another box here somewhere...

1 comment:

  1. Oh ... I still have 3 skeins of that yarns ... I used 3 for Ella. Mmm ... I can make one then ... if I can't find something else to use them.
    Don't be too hard on yourself ... it's just natural knitter's tendency to start new projects. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.