Thursday, February 09, 2006

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!

It is almost time for the Knitting Olympics!!! (I hear that it is almost time for the Winter Olympics too, but that doesn't have anything to do with this post.) (well, maybe a little bit)

So I decided to complete my pre-event warm-up (wind the yarn into more manageable center pull balls, since it was a bit mangled) and, completely against my normal character I also double checked the yarn requirements for the pattern I have chosen.

The pattern in the size I plan to knit calls for 8 skeins of the main color and 4 skeins of the accent color. I thought that I had plenty of the dark green. However, after making the same mistake over and over since I am able to learn from my massive brain fart with running out of yarn previous mishaps, I checked to make sure I had enough.


Now, admittedly, I'm not so good at the maths, but I don't think that is anywhere near 8 skeins of dark green. Am I right?

What to do? What to do? Oh, wait. I have 9 skeins of:

I realize that isn't actually nine skeins in the picture there, but, trust me, there are nine. I checked. Twice.

So:

Yeah? This works, right?
(I don't think I'll re-swatch. That one time was enough considering I never swatch!)

Whew. Close call.
(I hope I have enough now...)

In other news:
I am all about the "along" these days! I joined Sew? I Knit!. I haven't picked out fabric or a pattern yet, but I'm excited to try a skirt!

Also, I finished the mittens on Tuesday

I'm not crazy about the pattern (a little too pointy) but I love new mittens almost as much as new socks!
(I am such a dork!)

Knit on Olympians!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, dork from another dork! I definitely think mittens are as good as new socks. Yours are great. I've also joined sew i knit. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I think I've decided on my skirt and a matching top. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.