Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toques

Quickie post today, I know it's terribly disappointing. A full day at work in front of my computer left me with strained, dry eyes. Need to rest. Plus, I don't really have anything else to post... but... ehem... moving on.

Toques for my nephews and niece:

Kaylee's toque
Kaylee's Toque
Pattern: Brioche Helmet Hat from Interweave Knits Fall 2005
Yarn: Bernat Satin from the big stash of acrylics.
I hope it's big enough after all this. I love this pattern, but the k3tog when combined with the yarn overs from the row below are a killer!

Twins' toque #1
Nephew Toque #1 (twin boys... I wouldn't want to tell them which toque goes for which twin... they decide for themselves!)
Pattern: I used the short-row directions from the Brioche Helmet but knit the earflaps and brim in garter stitch and the hat itself in stocking stitch.
Yarn: stash acrylic.

Twins' toque #1
I did raglan decreases for the top, I love how it looks with stripes.

I have one more "boy" toque to do and then mittens for all... yeah, this post should have waited. I blame NaBloPoMo...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for putting up these hat photo's. It's just the pattern I've been looking for to do some stash busting charity knitting.

    Yours look great!

    Now, off to dig out the 2005 IWK!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.