Sunday, November 23, 2008

Distracting myself

Thank you for your prayers for my Mom (and for me & my family). We don't know anything yet. My aunt took my Mom to North Battleford to the hospital but their CT tech isn't available on weekends (it's a smaller city). She was supposed to go back on Tuesday to get the scan. This morning my sister-in-law took Mom to see the family doctor and he wanted them to go to Saskatoon today to get a CT scan done right away. That doesn't ease my worry, but I guess I'm glad that someone is doing something. I can't do anything, which is very frustrating.

To distract myself yesterday I finished a rug I had started in the summer and just lost steam on. This has been on my loom for a few months... It was time I finished it.

rug

The warp is Bernat Handcrafter Cotton and the weft is 3 inch strips cut from 2 different cheap-o cotton blend flat sheets. Finished size is 24" x 28.5" not including fringe.

Rug

The colors are predictable really, given my brown/blue obsession all spring and summer. I really like how it turned out and will probably do more like this (one day).

Now I need to find something to distract myself until I hear back from my sister-in-law. Football and some knitting should help.

Thank you again for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, really beautiful! I don't want to look at weaving, because of how much I'd love to do it, and I have barely enough time in the day as it is... but this ... really... is ... tempting. (There's a weaving studio quite close to where I live. In a small bit of forest. Close to the mountain. A long low room full of huge wooden looms. Even the smell of it is intoxicating.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family is in my prayers.. keep updating, won't you?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.