Sunday, May 08, 2005

Ribby Cardis

I got a digital camera!! Woo Hoo. Welcome to the 21st century.

This is my second attempt at this post. I had a LONG post written and published it and there is NOTHING there!

I don't understand the computer.

So, here we go again.

For my first post with finished projects and PICTURES (!) I present: the 4 "Ribby Cardi"s I have knit. the pattern is from ChicKnits here: http://www.chicknits.com/catalog/ribbycardi.html

The first one I made was a couple of years (or so) ago. Made with Patons Canadiana and some sort of TLC acrylic. It has a roll collar and a 2-way separating zipper.


The 2nd one I made was a LATE Christmas present for my friend Julie, seen here in the classic Sears-type "I think i'll read this book in my fabulous sweater" pose:

I made the toggle buttons out of polymer clay and added a cable to both fronts and to the back. a close up:


The 3rd one I made was this 2 toned one. I used snaps instead of a zipper. That was quite an ordeal, including installing them wrong and having to re-do them. I don't like the way it turned out this time either so I will eventually re-do them again. However, I present for your viewing, well, for your view, 2 toned ribby in Bernat Lana in Stone and Denim


The 4th one is this one. Knit in TLC's Cotton Plus. I used snaps, this time using the tutorial on Chicknits for using a ribbon to make your own snap tape. I like this method. If/when i redo the snaps on the 2 toned one I'll do it this way too.


So, there you have it. My first picture post on my new blog. I feel like a kid with a new toy. Well, I guess I am pretty much a kid with a new toy.

1 comment:

  1. i absolutely love that pattern, but alas, i can't afford to purchase it :( too bad, since it would get tons and tons of use. all 4 look wonderful, but i'd have to say that the last one is my fav, very classy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.