Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Putting on my Jessica Fletcher Glasses

At work I often end up doing detective work to try to figure out what happened with a customer's account. My company moved its Admin operations to Calgary 1 1/2 years ago and none of the Admin staff made the move from Vancouver (we were all new hires in Calgary), so we don't have the historical knowledge that we would have had. I often say I need my own detective show as I successfully spelunk the files for the one piece of information needed to make sense of a problem.

Last week, my friend Sheri needed me to help her sort out a particularly gnarled problem. I said "Let me just put on my Jessica Fletcher glasses and I'll take a look." I have no idea where that came from, but it seemed to stick.

So today, to make Sheri laugh, I changed my profile pic on MSN.



Sheri says:
haha that's hilarious
Sheri says:
you are hott
Lori says:
i love the look on her face
Lori says:
i mean: my face
Sheri says:
very what is it inquisitive
Lori says:
haha
Lori says:
the slight "oh, there you are, what IS that thing sticking out of your back? is that a dagger? Well, who put THAT there?" look
Sheri says:
haha yes that's it

Clearly I am veryvery busy and important at my job... ehem.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love watching the re-runs of "Murder, She Wrote" near midnight! Not too sophisticated stories, but the characters are mostly lovable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you must find yourself a magnifying glass for your desk.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.