Saturday, March 15, 2008

Whew.

Thank you all for your empathy over my stupidity hand injury. I have been amazed at how quickly it's healing, at the time it felt like it would never stop hurting.

Healing burns
Whew.

Now that THAT is out of the way, Look! More pictures of the leftover sockyarn squares
leftover squares

Leftover blanket in progress

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds these squares interesting! I just love the way they look knit up. I'm trying not to think about the fact that this is only 11 out of the 180 I will need to make a 48" x 60" throw... This has become my take-to-work knitting project. Portable and it keeps my co-workers entertained in the lunchroom. "What are you knitting?" "A square to be part of a blanket." "Not a doily/thong/sweater (insert other guess here)?" "No, it's a square to be part of a blanket."

In other in-progress news:
Honeycomb in progress

I've been wanting to make a vest with this blue Mulespinner 2 ply from Custom Woolen Mills. I saw the Honeycomb pattern on Knitty this week and knew it was the one. I knew I would end up with a larger gauge than called for and cast on for the XS size thinking that I would end up with the right size for me (not XS if you are wondering). I knit a few rounds (decided to knit in the round rather than flat as written) then started doubting my instinct about gauge. So, I did something I never do:

Honeycomb swatch
I frogged what I had knit, knit a swatch (I KNOW!! Me, knit a swatch? ) and discovered that my instinct had been spot on. D'oh. Re-cast on... I'm loving how it looks and I think it will become a staple in my wardrobe (such as it is).

Oh! And, this week, I came home from work to a really nice surprise:

gift book
My aunt Pat sent me this Rowan pattern book! I haven't seen it before and I really like it. I'm going to have to figure out which pattern to knit first.

The pattern book was not the only surprise in the package:
Stitch markers
Pretty stitch markers! Thank you Pat!!

Our warm March has given way to a half-hearted attempt at snow. Just enough to mess up my clean car. Cooler weather inspires knitting though, so I should have even more progress to show next time...

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog via Crafster and I love it. You have some great pictures and interesting stories. I think I'm going to attempt to make that felted wool ball/stone rug. You did a really awesome job with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.