Saturday, October 08, 2005

Thanksgiving and Prayers

I was going to post last night and show you some finished stuff and other stuff in progress, but exhaustion set in and I got sucked into a 2 hour "Three Wishes" (nothing like a good sob while watching good stuff happen to nice people), and, well... it didn't happen.

I'm on my way to Saskatchewan for Thanksgiving. (Perhaps I should explain: Canadian Thanksgiving is in October - I think it's Columbus Day in the States) (by the way, we don't call it "Canadian Thanksgiving")(We call it "Thanksgiving")(while we're on that topic: Americans have this thing called "Canadian Bacon". That's not bacon. We don't call that bacon. We call that "ham" or possibly, depending where you live, "Back Bacon" but most of the time our bacon comes in strips, like it should)

That was possibly the furthest off-topic I have let myself get, EVER. Sorry.

So, I'm on my way to my Mom's for Thanksgiving. It should be crowded. i'll tell you more about it when I get back.

In the meantime, if you are the praying sort, please pray for the people of the Asian Subcontinent, specifically Northern Pakistan, India and Afghanistan. There was a major earthquake this morning and there could be 1000s dead. It was centered not far from where I lived when I lived in Pakistan (in the foothills in the Murree region). I have had word from people at the school, and amazingly there didn't seem to be any damage at the school. However, there was an apartment building collapse in Islamabad, and many of the villages are so remote that it will take time to get to them.

I'll write more when I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.