Friday, July 06, 2007

Mom update

My mom finally got her biopsy results, and the news is pretty much what we've been expecting.

The cancer is not a "new" cancer in that it actually spread from when she had breast cancer 13 years ago. They have determined that too much of both lungs is affected by the tumors/lesions/cancer and that it is inoperable. However, the doctor sounded optimistic that with chemo she would be able to have another 2-3 "reasonably healthy" years. (Not sure what he meant by "reasonably healthy" but we'll take it.) The doctor will be registering my mom as a cancer patient so that she can get oxygen supplied by health care. Hopefully that will at least help ease her breathing somewhat.

We're not sure when she will start with chemo or what kind of chemo, but I'm hoping they get it all moving sooner rather than later.

Thank you all for your concern and your prayers. My mom thanks you too.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this news. You have a good attitude and that will help her a lot. I will keep a good thought for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be keeping the both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm thinking of you both and sending all my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.