Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 2: Quarterfinals?

As you may have predicted, updates of my progress on the Leftovers Blanket will surely go down in the annals of internet history as some of the most riveting blog posts ever. The pictures alone are so exciting and moving as to merit mass-downloads and re-prints.

Day 2 progress

Yeah, I can't even convince myself of that one.

I turned the second (of four)(haha) corners for the first solid round. This is turning out to be quite good olympic viewing knitting. It doesn't require much thought at all and is going fairly quickly.

I'm surprised at how faithful to this project I've been. (I know, it's only been a couple of days... but it's solid garter stitch!) I only had one minor slip:

mail pockets
I needed something to try to keep bills together. They have a habit of sliding under a pile of stuff (too much stuff+too small of a space=where did that go?) I need to finish the edges and finalize a way to hang it (I'm planning button holes and hanging it from hooks at the moment).

Now back to the olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.