My camera died a few weeks ago which is my latest excuse for the lapse in blogging... Finally got a new camera so I'll try get caught up and post stuff I've been making in the camera blackout.
I've been experimenting with making t-shirts ever since I got my new baby (serger) with varying success. They've technically been shirts and have fit mostly but nothing that I really wanted to wear. This past weekend I decided to try a different pattern. I picked up New Look 6807 and, with the help of a really rainy Saturday, I finally ended up with a shirt I wanted to wear.
Having not had great success to date I made a muslin using jersey from a t-shirt sheet. The pattern was easy to follow and I loved how it turned out.
(about an hour after taking this picture I ended up splashing cooking oil (cold) on the shirt! d'oh. I need to try to get it out with dish soap or something)
The pattern has a split & tie at the top of the back but I didn't want that so I cut the back on the fold (removing 5/8" from the pattern piece for the seam allowance). I loved how it fit and decided to try with my "real" fabric.
(more about the pants later)(I made PANTS!!!)(need to get better pictures of the PANTS!!!)(I think of them in all caps with 3 exclamation marks because I can't believe I made PANTS!!! that I can wear. You understand)
Overall I love this shirt. My only quibble is that the neck is pretty wide and the tops of the sleeves slide down on my shoulders a bit. I think for my next attempt I'll gather the entire top of the back instead of just the 2 small spots where the pattern outlined.