Friday, May 13, 2011

Wrist rest cover

So... Every day at work I get annoyed at the vinyl covered wrist cushion I have on my keyboard tray. The vinyl cracked at one point and was scratching my wrist so I covered the spot with electrical tape. Then the electrical tape started annoying me as much as the crack in the vinyl and... You see where this is going.

DSCF1008

(i also need to make a new ironing board cover it appears)

For weeks I wished I had a different cover on it. I finally had enough the other day and brought the wrist rests (hard to say) home.



Muuuuch better. The long rest is covered with scraps from a thrifted sheet so it's very smooth & soft to the touch. The mouse rest is covered with scraps from one of Amy Butler's (I think) prints -- I don't remember the line or anything. It was from a bag I made my friend (which, now that I think of it I'm not sure if I ever blogged - I'll have to see if I have any pictures).

Hope you all have a nice weekend. I think the spring/summer sewing bug has set in rather solidly so I imagine I'll end up sewing at least part of the time. Hopefully I'll have something to show for it at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.