Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Woven Handspun Alpaca Scarf

woven scarf

I started on this scarf to work on my weaving tension, edges, consistency, well, to work on my weaving. I used alpaca that I spun last winter (from alpacas raised by a former coworker). I had dyed one batch a dark green before spinning and left one the natural brown. I used handspun for both warp & weft.

I'm really pleased with how it came out. The edges are the most even that I've been able to achieve yet.

woven scarf

I showed The Boy and his response was 1) "You made a scarf? Just in time for Summer!" and 2) "This is for me, right?" (my responses: 1) "Yeah, I know, but it was practice" and 2) "Yes. But I have to take pictures of it first." which made him laugh.)

I think I need to work on smaller projects like this for a while to get more consistent overall. It's been so SO long since I was a new knitter, so I kind of forget that I started out small with knitting. And sewing. And... spinning ... and so on.

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love how nubbly and speckly the yarn is, and the weaving looks nice and even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! I love the colors and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Tell me again you maid this on your ghetto loom?

    I am so glad you broke down and gt yourself a factory-made reed. Somethings we just can't MacGyver up at home.

    You so seriously rock my world, I am about to fall out of my chair.

    I could not be more amazed and proud. I stand in your shadow!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.