Sunday, February 25, 2007

Red!

I never wear red. If you know me in person you probably see me in black, grey, brown and blue. I don't have a lot of color variation in my wardrobe. I don't really like to stand out and bright colors make me feel like I am trying to stand out. (perhaps I should see someone about that.)(hmm)

So, this sweater is a real switch for me. And, most shocking (to me): I really like the color now!

P2240006

Pattern: I used my notes from modifications I made to Knitty's Mesilla and added long sleeves.
Yarn: Bernat Lana that I over dyed in order to make a Christmas present (which didn't work out and I was left with this RED yarn!) (Also, the yarn didn't all dye evenly, which I knew but didn't realize it was so noticeable until I was done the body.)

I love this sweater. I hope it's cold enough this week to wear it!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I LOVE the color.

    Are the sleeves belled? If so, how'd you do the increases with the ribbing? I love me some bell sleeves. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a very good color for you. Seeing as I know you personally, I think it would look smashing on you. And I would like to see you in it sometime. Good Job!!!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. your sweater is beautiful !!
    There also was a time when I'd never wear red, but now love my red sweaters and cardis. They make me feel energetic and happy !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red. It looks gorgeous and you wear it well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely sweater and you look nice in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your sweater looks wonderful. You did an excellent job, the picture looks like a model in a magazine, I think the colour looks great on you. Oh how I wish I could knit something like this, maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sweater is gorgeous! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater looks great! Red is such a cheery color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my favorite red!! It looks great on you!
    kimberly www.thegivingflower.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater is BEAUTIFUL! It looks almost nothing like the sweater you based it on. And I LOVE the color!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to hear from you.